October 18, 2010

Tapas-Style Shrimp

I've been in the mood for Cuban food ever since last Friday, so I decided to make Moros y Cristianos as part of my dinner. I decided to pair it with a shrimp dish I made up about a year ago in an effort to incorporate as much traditional Spanish flavors as I could in one dish. I normally serve it with a crusty bread so that I can use it to dip the flavored olive oil.


Tapas-Style Shrimp (print recipe)
  • 1 pound shrimp
  • 1/2 head of garlic
  • 4-8 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon sweet, smoked paprika
  • 1 chorizo, crumbled
  • parsley for garnish
  1. Heat the pan to high heat and pour in the olive oil.
  2. Saute the chorizo and garlic for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
  3. Add the shrimp and stir fry until almost fully pink.
  4. Add the smoked paprika and cook until the shrimps are fully cooked.
  5. Top with chopped parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment