October 17, 2010

Bacon, Leek, and Sundried Tomato Quiche

Quiches are one of those meals that I like to make when I have various odds and ends in the fridge that I want to use up. I always have prepared frozen pie crust in my freezer and eggs in the fridge, so it's never a meal that I have to do any real planning for.


Bacon, Leek, and Sundried Tomato Quiche (print recipe)
  • Prepared frozen pie crust (9-inch)
  • 2 strips bacon
  • 1/2 leek
  • 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup asiago cheese
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Cook the bacon until slightly crispy. Crumble and put aside.
  3. Cook the leek in bacon fat until softened.
  4. Scatter the bacon, leek, sundried tomatoes, and asiago on the pie crust.
  5. Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, and herbes de provence. Carefully pour in the egg mixture on top.
  6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35 mins or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is slightly golden.
  7. Let cook for about 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment